I love how Pinterest always brings me to new, wonderful recipes, like this beer bread. Since I never had beer bread before, I kept wondering throughout the week whether it’s going to be sweet or bitter with a heavy beer taste.
And I finally got the answer this weekend. I couldn’t taste the beer in this bread at all. I love the buttery crust of this bread which somehow reminds me of rice crackers. Ha. Anyway, if I made this bread again, I would personally reduce the amount of butter.
- 3 cups flour, sifted (not packed)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 12 ounce can or bottle of beer
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium bowl and using a wire whisk, sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add beer and stir with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour beer bread batter into pan.
- Pour melted butter over the top of the beer bread batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Recently jammed: Love like A River by Girls